March 2012 and I finally break my blogging duck!!

Hi – I’m Sue Hennessey, Funding Development Manager at the Co-operative College and…………………… when I offered the join the College blagging team I really was expecting a few cheap nights out and some freebies!!!

my little avatar

However, for someone who (arguably) grew up well before the onset of computers, let alone the internet, twitter or wi-fi, the opportunity to blog seems like a rare chance to catch up on the dear diary moments I’ve been promising to write for the last 100 years!

Hopefully my blogging will reflect my random interest in the weird, wonderful and co-operative and my mission to learn something new every day.  So as a starter for ten………………………………………..did you know:

• 2012 is the year Scotland aims to be declared a Fair Trade Nation. To claim the title at least 75% of people have to buy a Fairtrade product every year, with 40% buying these goods regularly.
  • Well I never knew that ……………………..moment of the week……………Ninja’s are disgraced Samurai Warriors!
  • Philanthropist and Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates has launched a Co‑operative Group-sponsored initiative to teach British communities about extreme poverty around the world.

http://www.thenews.coop/article/bill-gates-launches-co-op-backed-anti-poverty-scheme

I’m looking forward to learning and sharing more quirks over the coming months and welcome your weird and wonderful facts (co-operative or otherwise) to expand my mind.

Sue

There are 0 comment(s)

To view further comments and reply please login or register.