Author: The Co-operative College
The Meet the Pioneers resource for schools has been produced by The Co-operative College using materials from the National Co-operative Archive in Manchester and the Rochdale Pioneers Museum in Toad Lane, which is housed in the building where the Pioneers set up their original shop.
The pack includes:
– A 60 pages book with the story of the pioneers and their influence nowadays.
– An activity booklet with 33 activities.
– A booklet with 12 case studies about co-operative solutions and businesses.
– An envelope with profile cards for each of the pioneers biographies.
– An interactive DVD with animations about the Rochdale Pioneers and co-operatives and all downloadable and printable materials in the pack.
Price: £30 + £5 (postage)
The pack introduces the lives and the historical context of the Rochdale Pioneers, including their different backgrounds and personalities, from the joke teller to the avid letter writer. Meet the Pioneers compiles stimulating activities on topics such as life expectancy, housing, working conditions, education, food and political movements, as well as taking the heritage of the Pioneers forward by showcasing case studies of 12 modern-day co-operatives around the world.